If you live, work, or play in the Northwest corridor of Indiana, you are only 30 minutes away from downtown Chicago. Known as Crown Point in Lake County there is boating, soccer, football, waterparks, top name entertainment, hiking among the Dunes and so much more.
What this means is that there are lots of activities to participate in. Whether you are a child or an active adult, there could be a light pain that is felt in your knees, back, hip, spine, or neck. Go visit your nearby orthopedic surgeon Saint John IN because your pain can affect your quality of life.
Orthopedics is the study of injuries and diseases of the musculoskeletal system. It involves the bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles, and nerves. Orthopedists are specialized physicians whose patients are all ages, yes even newborns who can be born with club feet.
Also, we all sometimes break a bone or suffer from pain that may be related to arthritis. Orthopedic surgeons can specialize in certain fields like pediatrics, sports medicine, oncology, or serious impairment. They can also specialize in certain joints like the hand, hip, knee, back, neck, or spine.
Treatments and therapy techniques used by Orthopedic surgeons consists of medications, exercise, rehabilitation, or alternative therapies. If surgery is required, it is because patients are not responding to nonsurgical treatments and their discomfort level is hindering their movements.
Common Orthopedic surgical procedures can include:
• Osteotomy: to repair soft tissues problems like torn ligaments and tendons. Also, certain deformed bone conditions require repositioning.
• Arthroscopy: this word means ‘keyhole’ because Orthopedic surgeons use camera type equipment to diagnose and succinctly treat joint areas.
• Internal Fixation: broken bones are held together with pins, plates, or screws within the healing process.
• Fusion: just as the name implies, bones are fused together via rods or grafting.
• Joint Replacement: when a disease like arthritis deforms or damages joint areas beyond repair, then a joint replacement surgery is performed. An artificial joint or prosthesis is used in place of the natural bone.
The field of Orthopedics doesn’t just diagnose and treat breaks, sprains, arthritis conditions. There is something called Orthopedic tumors which can be treated. Though not that common, bone tumors form within the bone itself.
Orthopedic tumors can stem from cancers which are located in other parts of the body but settle inside joints and bones. Though not conclusive, but some symptoms in the presence of a bone tumor involves, bone pain that increases; signs of a large painful lump or mass (this is a key symptom); and increased muscle pain which causes a lack of motion.
Do not fear the unknown. If you have persistent pain, go to your local physician or Orthopedic physician in the St. John area and have it checked out. There are many advancements in the field of pain medicine that your relief is very imminent with no side effects.
Indiana doctors believe in sitting down and talking to their patients. So, when you feel a lingering muscle tinge even if it’s embarrassing, it is their oath to help you feel better, and to keep your information private.